- Quarterly 请求住宿
- Advocating for themselves with both instructor and DRS office
- Giving DRS notice in a timely manner when problems with accommodations arise
- Giving sufficient notice for delivery of certain accommodation each quarter
所有访问请求, accommodation, and academic adjustment should first be brought to the Disability Resource Office (DRS) using the following steps.
- Student should download the or request one either through email or by visiting our office.
- 学生日程安排 Intake Interview appointment to meet with the 残疾的资源 Manager (DRM) at any time during the quarter, 但最好在需要前4-6周.
- DRS and student work collaboratively to assess the student’s needs, reasonable and appropriate accommodations and/or adjustments, 如果服务获得批准，还要制定住宿计划.
- DRS generates a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) outlining the student’s accommodation plan and forwards it to the student’s instructors and the student’s CPTC student email address.
- Student and instructors collaborate to implement the approved accommodations and/or adjustments.
- 学生联系DRS immediately if an accommodation is ineffective or if the student is not receiving the accommodations outlined in the student’s LOA.
- 带上所有需要的文件，包括 completed
- Sign a
To activate an LOA 学生需要:
- Meet personally with each of their instructors and discuss their LOA.
- Discuss and work with each instructor to determine the best method of providing accommodation(s) in specific situations/classes.
- 如有需要，与指导老师协调, DRS, 安排考试或活动等安排 在每次发生之前 the quarter.
Qualifications for requesting Letters of Accommodations (LOA) Quarterly
The 残疾学生资源 (DRS) office requires students to provide documentation of the disabling condition for which they are requesting accommodation(s). All documentation will be kept in DRS in a separate, confidential file. 文件是根据具体情况进行评估的.
- Documentation of a disability/health condition must be generated by a diagnostic professional in the related field of the disability/health condition for which the accommodation is requested
- Description of the current functional impact/limitations of the disability/health condition.
- If the disability/health condition is permanent or temporary. If temporary, information on the expected duration of the disability/health condition and timeline for re/new evaluation of the disability/health condition.
Documentation 必须包括具体的诊断 并且可以是，但不限于:
- Copies of the educational assessment performed as part of an IEP process*
- Submitted by completing the CPTC 残疾证明表格*
For specific questions about documentation refer to the guides in the right column
K-12 Transition: Each document listed below contains useful information but does not guarantee services
- IEPs (个性化教育计划)
- 504 Plans
- Transition Plans
- Psycho-Educational Eval from your most recent Triennial Review
- Any diagnostic services including diagnostic testing for Learning Disabilities
- Medical care
- 个人装置或设备(e.g. 眼镜、轮椅、助听器等.)
- Service animals
Be aware that each college and university establishes documentation guidelines in response to the unique needs of its academic programs. Documentation considered sufficient to provide accommodations in a technical setting like CPTC may not provide enough information to provide reasonable and appropriate in the two year community college or 4 year university setting. .
- Contact the Disability Support Services Office at the school you are transferring to
- Contact the the College or University transferring too ASAP
- Not automatically assume accommodations received at CPTC will be appropriate for new University or College
To Requesting Documents from DRS to be sent somewhere student must:
- Complete a 发布资料表格
- 发布资料表格 在DRS办公室17号楼103室
- Have complete contact information for entity or individual where the documentation will be provided.
- incomplete information will cause a delay in delivery of documentation
CPTC has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for the equitable resolution, 在合理的时间内, of complaints by students with disabilities alleging violations of their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
如果学生认为老师, an office or a program has refused to provide an accommodation in accordance with notice from DRS, a student should first request assistance of the DRS in resolving the complaint. 如果投诉不能以这种方式解决, 或者是否涉及到DRS办公室, a student has the right to appeal using the following procedure:
- Complete a
and send to the Office of the Vice President of Student Success (VPSS).
- VPSS或其指定人员应对投诉进行调查. An email will be sent to the student’s CPTC email confirming receipt of the appeal form, 确定谁将调查投诉, 为学生列出下一步的步骤.
- The VPSS, or designee, 会发出书面裁定吗, specifying resolution of the matter within ten (10) business days of the filing of the grievance.
- The decision of the VPSS, or designee, is the final decision of the institution.